Senior Estimator (M/F) – location Swansea – Jan Snel
Position: Senior Estimator, Jan Snel UK
Location: Swansea, Wales
Jan Snel is a leading company in the field of flexible building. We translate our clients’ wishes into (semi) permanent accommodation solutions for every market segment.
Due to our expansion into the UK, we are looking for an enthusiastic full-time senior estimator, working out of our new Swansea office. Would you like to grow with us in a market that is currently very much on the move? Have you got what it takes to join us in putting Jan Snel on the map in England and building the brand? If so, we’d like to hear from you – you might be the person we are looking for to take up this exciting role.
A key element of the role is to provide detailed cost estimates and complete tender documentation for offsite manufactured solutions.
As an estimator, you will be responsible for drawing up the complete cost price budgets/calculations of potential projects. Within the set timeframe, you will work out budgets and, as part of the team, meet the challenge of translating customer requests into solutions.
You will carry out calculations of both direct and indirect costs and know how to substantiate these with your knowledge and experience. In addition, you will identify risks and make proposals for alternative solutions to, for example, increase efficiency, minimise failure costs and improve safety.
We’re asking for:
- Degree level education in building studies;
- Knowledge of Buildings Regulations;
- Experience in offsite solutions (ideally);
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Structural insight, knowledge of building processes and strong mathematics skills.
You should be:
- Analytical and meticulous;
- Solution-oriented, accurate and customer-oriented;
- Able to work under pressure, independently as well as in a team;
- Have a flexible attitude;
- Have good knowledge of Excel.
The role will include:
- Overseeing projects to ensure costs remain in line with forecasts;
- Compiling bids for work;
- Calculating the cost of materials, transport, labour and equipment hire;
- Obtaining quotes for all predicted requirements from sub-contractors and suppliers;
- Collating detailed price lists of everything needed on each construction project;
- Clarifying the client’s needs and expectations;
- Reading tender documents;
- Making use of relevant computer software such as Excel, Word and Autodesk DWG TrueView;
- Assessing and adhering to all risk assessments and health and safety requirements;
- Keeping up to date with inflation, exchange rates and projected timescale costs;
- Making visits to proposed construction sites;
- Liaising with others including construction managers, planners and design teams;
- Presenting bids to clients and answering their questions;
- Completing work quality submissions;
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work.
- A responsible and challenging position with plenty of room for personal initiative;
- A role within a successful and growing company with a pleasant working environment;
- Opportunities for growth within the company;
- Training opportunities to further develop yourself in your field of expertise;
- An excellent package and conditions of employment.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, for the attention of the HR department. Please state clearly which position you are applying for.