CAD/Architectural Technician (M/F) – location Swansea – Jan Snel
Due to our expansion into the UK, we are looking for an experienced full-time CAD/Architectural Technician (M/F), working out of our new Swansea office.
About Jan Snel
Jan Snel is a modular contractor with thriving offices in the Netherlands, Germany and now the UK. We specialise in delivering fast, flexible and efficient modular construction projects across the residential, site accommodation, healthcare and commercial sectors. We are building a UK arm to join our already successful European brand and are looking to grow the team by adding professionals with the right experience, mindset and ambition to join us at this exciting time for the business.
About the Role
You will join the UK business as a CAD/Architectural Technician and work out of our modern offices in Swansea, South Wales. You will work alongside the UK manager, project management and commercial teams. You will have a clear understanding of housing, modular and traditional construction, and be fully up to speed with UK Building Regulations. You will be eager to learn the company methodology.
What You Need to Succeed
You will have 5-10 years’ experience and have a proven track record of designing and specifying buildings from concept to project delivery. This will include the provision of full packages including drawings, specifications and bills of material to allow the manufacture and delivery of modular buildings and houses.
- Experience and expertise in modular building design;
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Inventor and Revit systems;
- Knowledge of materials/construction methods;
- Knowledge of UK Building Regulations and British Standards and how to apply them;
- Ability to produce computer generated visualisations would be an advantage ;
- Demonstrable track record working in the offsite construction industry;
- Knowledge of education and health-related regulations/Codes of Practice;
- You will be HNC qualified in a building-related subject as a minimum.
- Meeting with architects, designers, and engineers to discuss design ideas;
- Developing product designs from scratch;
- Presenting design drafts for client approval;
- Ensuring product designs meet required safety and structural standards;
- Generating solid and surface CAD models using AutoCAD software;
- Blending technique and aesthetics to create final designs;
- Presenting various design perspectives for construction improvements and adaptations;
- Finalising AutoCAD models;
- Presenting models to clients;
- Completing job reports.
AutoCAD Drafter Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Architectural Studies;
- Previous work experience as an AutoCAD drafter;
- Advanced knowledge of CAD and AutoCAD software;
- Advanced knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering and architecture;
- Knowledge of state safety and structure regulations;
- Excellent technical design skills;
- Good communication skills;
- A keen eye for aesthetics and detail;
- Ability to project manage.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, for the attention of the HR department. Please state clearly which position you are applying for.